Search This Blog

Monday, August 10, 2009

It's been a while since I've update, sorry!

Notable events over the past few weeks:
-Went to Bozeman to celebrate Karr's Birthday [July 23] - had a good time, ate more sushi.
-Went to West Yellowstone to see an IMAX movie and check out the Grizzly Bear and Wolf Discovery center. The center was opened a few years ago - so it's relatively new. It's kind of neat - learning about how bears have affected the west over the years, and they actually have a griz and wolf exhibit in the back. But, as always, it's not as cool as seeing them in the wild. There's just something sad about watching a wolf pace around the border of his cage.
-Karr's picked up fly fishing lately, so we've been doing that once a week. We've gone down to the Gardiner River, and last Friday we went to Trout Lake in Lamar Valley. [See the pictures below!] It rained the whole time at Trout Lake, but we got to see some otters, so it was totally worth it.
-Last Thursday we went through the Beartooth Highway. Absolutely beautiful! I didn't have a chance to get that many pictures, because we were strapped for time, but it was amazing! I also got to drive through sun, rain, sleet, and snow - in the middle of August!
-I put my application in for a winter season here at Mammoth. I got the agreement about a week ago. Looks like I might be here for the snow! My agreement dates are Dec 16 - Mar 9. I'll keep you posted!
-Not much else to report on. August has been fairly busy as far as business goes. A lot of our servers are leaving this month to go back to school, which means I'll probably be working more here in a couple of weeks. Obama is apparently going to be at Old Faithful this Friday, so I'm sure it'll be a zoo there. I'm headed to Bozeman on Thursday for more sushi. Then the week after Dad and Megs are coming to visit! I couldn't be more excited!!!

Hope all is well with everyone!


Trout Lake.


Otters!


Otter with a huge fish! Wish I could catch one like that...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment